Social media is a continuing hot topic in the world of marketing. If you want to grow your business, it is imperative that you get your message out through social media; if you are not there in some regular capacity, you are missing a huge trick. Lots of companies don’t have the time, skills or confidence to manage their output themselves, and this is where a good social media consultant is worth their weight in gold – but not all social media managers are made equal.
If you are looking for a company to take on your Twitter or Facebook posts, there are a few things that you need to check out to make sure they are right for the job:
- The primary factor is experience – make sure they have a good CV in the world of social media, and particularly those outlets that are most relevant to you.
- Check out their profiles; do they look appealing, professional, and sell the company well? If they can’t get their own profiles right, they are unlikely to do a good job of yours.
- Ask them how many accounts they manage. More than 10, and they are probably farming some accounts out to other people; just make sure you know exactly who is going to be in charge of your account.
- Double check their policy on managing accounts from the same industry. If they are willing to take on more than one from any industry, there are potential problems with competition and a clash of priorities.
- Ask the question – how often is the content refreshed? Don’t settle for a manager who is happy to let content sit around – new, fresh, relevant content is the way to win attention, and ultimately, business.
- How well is the ROI explained? This helps you decide exactly how many posts you want sent out, and how much it is worth you spending. Make sure this is well explained, or think seriously about going elsewhere.
Cureton Consulting can tick every one of these social media management boxes – give us a call to put us to the test!