This month I have been thinking about why professional services have a problem being seen on social media. Having worked in these sectors with a number of large organisations, it’s clearly an issue and here are a few reasons why:
- Regulations. Professional services are heavily regulated, and there are strict rules about what they can and cannot be said on social media.
- Image. Solicitors, accountants and other professional services are often seen as a traditional and conservative profession, and they may be concerned about damaging their image by being too active on social media. They may worry that they will be seen as unprofessional or that they will make mistakes that could damage their reputation.
- Time. Managing a social media presence can be time-consuming, and people in professional services may not have the time or resources to do it effectively. They may also worry that they will not be able to keep up with the latest trends or that they will not be able to generate enough content to keep their followers engaged.
Despite these challenges, there are a number of benefits to professional services being active on social media. Social media can be a great way to connect with potential clients, build relationships with other professionals, and stay up-to-date on the latest legal news and trends. It can also be a valuable tool for marketing and branding.
If you are in professional services, there are a few things you can do to overcome the challenges of being seen on social media. First, make sure you are familiar with the regulations that apply to your sector on social media. Second, develop a social media strategy that is aligned with your business goals and objectives. Third, create content that is interesting, informative, and engaging. Finally, be patient and consistent with your social media efforts. It takes time to build a following and to generate results.
Here are some tips if you who want to be more active on social media:
- Start by creating a social media plan. What do you want to achieve with your social media presence? Do you want to generate leads, build relationships, or stay up-to-date on the latest industry news and trends? Once you know what you want to achieve, you can develop a plan to help you reach your goals.
- Choose the right social media platforms. Not all social media platforms are created equal. Some platforms are better suited for certain businesses or industries than others. Do some research to figure out which platforms are most likely to reach your target audience.
- Create high-quality content. The key to success on social media is creating content that is interesting, informative, and engaging. This means sharing news articles, blog posts, videos, and other content that your followers will find valuable.
- Be consistent. The best way to build a following on social media is to be consistent with your posts. Share new content on a regular basis, and interact with your followers.
- Use social media analytics. Most social media platforms offer analytics tools that can help you track your progress and see what’s working and what’s not. Use these tools to fine-tune your strategy and improve your results.
By following these tips, you can overcome the challenges of being seen on social media and use this powerful tool to grow your business.
If you need help with any of this, then lets chat about my bespoke “Social Media Success” programme to transform your results online!